Functional Capacity Evaluation
The Human Performance Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) is designed to determine job demand capabilities. An FCE is an intensive short term evaluation that focuses on major physical tolerance abilities related to musculoskeletal strength, endurance, speed, and function. Human Performance Centre has designed it's FCE to demonstrate the levels that a worker may work at for an extended period of time.
An FCE entails the following:
- We begin with a review of relevant documentation.
- The client then undergoes an intake interview in our testing office with the evaluator to obtain subjective information concerning the client's medical history and occupational history.
- Next the client undergoes musculoskeletal and cardiovascular screening to ensure they are safe to continue testing.
- This is followed by a series of questionnaires and tasks in an effort to determine reliability of subjective reports and to gather some baseline pain and functional levels for comparison.
- A series of tasks are then performed to assess job demand capability.
- The FCE usually concludes with repeat baseline testing for comparison purposes.